NOSEY BIO: Loud, brass, and tastelessly attired, I.B. Nosey is famed for his exuberant “Greetings, cybernuts! This is I.B. Nosey, your official unofficial reporter!” He seeks answers to the kind of probing questions no accredited journalist would deem intelligent, let alone newsworthy enough, to ask. Fleet of foot, wide of mouth, and fluent of tongue-in-cheek, I.B. Nosey’s unique interviewing style is comparable to none.

Winner of the Pukelitzer Award. Spokesman for Gum Drop Island’s confectionary plantation. Featured in InD’Tale magazine and The Woven Tale Press.


Wednesday, September 6, 2017

September 2017 IWSG Wednesday!


Annddddd, the one, the only, official unofficial Pukelitzer award winning cyberspace reporter....Duh, duh! None other thannnnnn.....

I.B. Nosey! De man, folks!

NOSEY: Greetings, cybernuts! This is I.B. Nosey, your official unofficial reporter reporting to you that it's that time again. What time? No, not Howdy Doody time, but the fun time of hop, hop, hop. Yep, it's the IWSG blog hop with the official unofficial reason for said hop:

 Purpose: To share and encourage. Writers can express doubts and concerns without fear of appearing foolish or weak. Those who have been through the fire can offer assistance and guidance. It’s a safe haven for insecure writers of all kinds!

I mean, how cool is that, right? And the cool question that's being asked this month is....

MQ: *coughs* Um, excuse me, I need to interrupt for a moment.

NOSEY: Huh? *blinks* Who are you?

MQ: I'm Ms. Quotes. I'm taking over for Miss Mae today, so I'll answer the question.



NOSEY: *snarls* Yeah? Who sez so?

MQ: She does, so if you don't mind squeezing over just a teensy...

NOSEY: Of course I mind! I'm the official unofficial spokesman for...!

MQ: Yes, for everything Gum Drop Island, but I'm for Miss Mae.

NOSEY: Uhhh...what?

MQ: *giggles* Don't worry. She still loves you, Nosey-Posey.

NOSEY: *makes face* Ugh!

MQ: *clears throat* Hi, everyone. This is Ms. Quotes. And a special 'hello' to you, Alex J. Cavanaugh. *flutters lashes* As I was saying, here is this month's ISWG question:

'Have you ever surprised yourself with your writing? For example, by trying a new genre you didn't think you'd be comfortable in?'

And Miss Mae says: "I sure have! I am truly a romantic mystery author, emphasis on mystery with a sprinkle of romance. All my books are award winners. (Yay!) But especially with 'It's Elementary, My Dear Winifred', I was peppered with urges from readers to make that into a series. Um, a series? No, thanks. I'm not a series sort of writer. I mean, my stories are complete in themselves. However, after time, with five of these romantic mystery books under my belt, when I was a little burned out with the complexities of such plots, I dabbled in something I never thought I would - a children's humor/fantasy story. Not so sure this would be accepted, I even used not Miss Mae, but M.M., and I kept it short - just in case, you know, it was a complete flop. Imagine my shock when readers actually liked it! And grumbled because it was too short! And, once again, I was pressed to "continue the story."

Well. So rather I was a series kind of writer or not, here was something I needed to consider. Could I do it? Could I actually do it?

Again, much to my surprise, I did. As a matter-of-fact, the third book in the series 'Ahoy, Mischaps!' (with I.B. Nosey included, of course) is for sale. Wow. Major accomplishment. How many books will there be? At this point, I'm not sure. But I took the plunge and I've even changed the M.M. to Miss Mae. Ha! How about that?" 

NOSEY: So. *glares* Are you quite finished with stealing my spotlight, Miss Quotes?

MQ: That's Ms. Quotes, Nosey. *jabs his tweedy-weedy jacket with a shapely finger* And for your information-- *gasps* Oh, no!

NOSEY: *rolls eyes* What now?

MQ: I broke a nail! *sobs* Quick! Call an ambulance! 


*********

NOSEY: Folks, the blog hop is still leaping, so get on over to the IWSG and read some other terrific authors' posts. And tell 'em...*winks* Nosey sent ya.



*******
Hey, yo, readers! Be nosey, and sign up for Miss Mae's newsletter! Why not? It's FREE!

***********

And, did you also know that a short tale about me, I.B. Nosey, your intrepid internet reporter is FREE for you to simply download? Yes, come meet your Fated Destiny...Oh, Yeah! heh heh





4 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I like Ms. Quotes.
Congratulations on the series. I never expected to write one either. Fans had other plans though.

Christine Rains said...

That's fantastic about the series! I'm currently working on a book fans urged me to write too, and I'm loving it.

Sandra Cox said...

Many congrats on the series. Grumbles about a too short story and requests for more from your fan base....Kudos. Who could ask for more?

I enjoyed the interview. Glad you stopped by.

PulpRadio.net said...

Say ... I hear rumors that an audiobook is in the works. Nosey, will you be playing yourself? I mean ... who else could? (Or would want to?)